New South Wales’ reopening – what it means for Bathurst City Centre | 18 October 2021
In line with New South Wales Government advice, restrictions will ease further from Monday 18 October for fully vaccinated adults within our community aged 16 or over, or those with medical exemptions.
This means that in addition to the restrictions that previously eased on Monday 11 October, there is now no longer a cap on the number of customers permitted at any one time in our personal services retailers, such as hairdressers, spas, nail and beauty salons, waxing, tattoo and massage. Density rules will still apply in these businesses.
For further detail on what businesses are permitted to reopen, including any restrictions, we encourage you to visit www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/easing-covid-19-restrictions/80-percent.
Although many of our retailers are now permitted to trade, some may have chosen to temporarily reduce or otherwise change their trading hours as we begin the transition to reopening. We encourage you to visit our directory www.bathurstcitycentre.com.au/store-directory/ for the most recent information on individual retailers’ trading hours.
In line with New South Wales Government directives, while fully vaccinated customers and those with medical exemptions can access the services listed above, those partially vaccinated or unvaccinated members of our community can still only shop in-store at critical retailers. If you are not fully vaccinated and would like to make a purchase from a non-critical retailer, many of our stores are offering Click & Collect services, allowing you to collect your purchase from outside the store. To find out more, please click here contact individual retailers direct.
Thank you for your ongoing patience and understanding as we all adjust to these new measures and navigate these changes together with kindness and compassion.
Helping to keep our community safe
We are thrilled that we are now on the road to reopening. As has been the case throughout this entire COVID-19 period, the health and wellbeing of our customers, staff, retailers and contractors is our number one priority.
Alongside adherence to relevant COVID Safety Plans, we continue to implement and maintain stringent precautionary measures to keep our entire community safe. These include:
- Strengthened focus on disinfecting commonly touched areas, sanitising high-touch points with high-grade disinfectant throughout the Centre.
- Ensuring that our cleaning principles adhere to the guidelines set by the Federal Government’s Environmental Cleaning and Disinfection for COVID-19 principles.
- Positioning permanent hand sanitisation stations at key points throughout the Centre.
- Rolling out public hygiene advertisements across the Centre, reinforcing the preventative measures each of us should adopt.
- Installing signage and floor decals across parts of the Centre, reminding our community to keep 1.5 metres between themselves and others at all times, including when queuing or moving through the Centre.
- Adjusting air-conditioning systems to maximise the intake of fresh air, ensuring that quality air is circulated throughout the Centre.
- Reminding our community to adhere to government mandates to wear a face mask while outside of the home, unless there’s a valid reason not to.
- Working closely with our retail partners to help ensure that we are all playing our part to keep our shared environments safe.
We’re doing all we can to keep our community safe, but we can’t do it without you. While we understand the reopening of many of our stores is an exciting time for us all, we ask that you continue to play your part in keeping our community safe. This means:
- Checking in to the Centre and any stores that you visit using the Services NSW app
- Having your vaccination status ready to show retail staff on request (this can now be displayed through the Service NSW app. Please visit www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/vaccination/proof/service-nsw-app to find out more)
- Always keep at least 1.5 metres between yourself and others, including when you’re moving through the Centre or queuing
- Always wear a face mask when visiting the Centre, unless you have a valid reason not to
- Maintain personal hygiene by regularly washing your hands and using the sanitiser stations located throughout the Centre for your convenience
- Handle illness safely by coughing into your elbow or a tissue, and most importantly, stay at home if you’re feeling unwell.
We strongly encourage you to plan your trip in advance and not linger unnecessarily in the Centre:Avoid visiting the Centre at peak times such as during the middle of the day from Thursday through to Sunday.We encourage you to make a booking at our restaurants and cafes, as they are subject to capacity limits during this stage of the reopening and may fill up quicklyCheck store trading hours and individual conditions of entry in advanceTake advantage of Click and Collect services being offered by our retailers.
We are closely monitoring public health updates and regularly review the range of measures we have implemented to help keep our community safe and are prepared to respond quickly should we need to.